Graphtec GB Buying Guide: Blades & Blade Holders
Graphtec GB Says
“We understand that we offer a lot of blade and blade holder options for our range of market leading cutting plotters.
In this buying guide we detail how you can identify which blade you may currently be using and then which blade is best for which application or media should you need to change.”
Blade Holder Buying Options
The first thing to look at when identifying or choosing a new blade for your Graphtec cutting plotter is which blade holder is currently installed in the machine as the blade is matched to the blade holder rather than the machine that it is being used with.
Unless otherwise specified at the time of purchase, all Graphtec cutting plotters are supplied with a Standard 0.9mm Blade Holder (PHP33-CB09N-HS) in the included accessory pack.
In simple terms, if your blade holder is black and blue in colour then you will need to look at 0.9mm diameter blades. If the blade holder is black and red then you will be looking for 1.5mm diameter blades.
• Supplied As Standard With All FC & CE Series Machines
• Blade Holder Code: PHP33-CB09N-HS
• Blade Diameter: 0.9mm
• Built In Spring
• Blades Not Included
Compatible 0.9mm Blades
How To Mount The Blade Holder
Blade Buying Options
All of the blades that we supply for our range of Graphtec cutting plotters are 100% genuine and precision manufactured by Graphtec using their highly durable Super Steel material.
Unless otherwise specified at the time of purchase, all Graphtec cutting plotters are supplied with a CB09UB Blade in the included accessory pack.
As a general rule, 0.9mm blades are predominantly designed to be used with thinner, more flexibly materials typically in a kiss cutting applications. 1.5mm blades are used for thicker more rigid type materials and are widely used in die cutting applications.
• Blade Material: Super Steel
• Blade Diameter: 0.9mm
• Cutting Angle: 45°
• Maximum Material Thickness: 0.25mm
• Spring Included: No
• Spring Available: Yes
• Kiss Cut Compatible: Yes
• Die Cut Compatible: No
Best Suited Materials (Max Media Thickness: 0.25mm)
• Standard Self Adhesive Vinyl Only
Compatible Blade Holders
• Standard 0.9mm Blade Holder | PHP33-CB09N-HS (Pictured)
• Premium 0.9mm Blade Holder | PHP35-CB09N-HS
• Old Standard 0.9mm Blade Holder | PHP32-CB09N-HS (Now Discontinued)
How To Change The Blade
- Images are for illustration purposes only.
- All details are correct at time of page production.
- Product specifications may change without warning.